Shrimp Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic and Lemon
Prep Time: 30 minutes Level of Difficulty: Medium[boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”left” order =”first” box_spacing =”5″ padding =”20″ height =”500px” background_color =”#ddd” border_style =”solid” ]Ingredients:
1 tbsp and ¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp finely chopped onion
1 tbsp garlic
140g spaghetti pasta
15g cherry tomato
2g basil leaves
40g tomato sauce
For the tomato sauce:
1 tin peeled tomato
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add and sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- To this mixture, add cherry tomatoes and poached shrimps.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to boil.
- Add spaghetti and cook for about 8 minutes until al dente.
- Drain and pour tomato sauce over the cooked spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Serve with shaved parmesan and basil leaves.
By Chef Hassan Alaaeldin Abdelaziz
Hassan has been in Doha for 2 years. He grew up in Egypt learning to appreciate the art of cooking as he watched his mother cook; cooking rice and stew is what he loved most. He thinks of cooking as an art and using his hands to create something unique makes him happy. He dreams of becoming a Michelin-star chef at some point.