Sago with Shredded Pomelo
Prep Time: 15 mins Level of Difficulty: Easy Serves: 1-2 persons
[/boxify] [boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”right” order =”last” box_spacing =”5″ padding =”20″ height =”500px” border_width =”1″ border_color =”#cccccc” border_style =”solid” ] Cooking Directions
- Bring water to boil in a vessel. Cook the sago in it till it becomes transparent.
- Add white sugar and let it simmer for 2-4 minutes. Drain the sago and place it in iced water. Drain it again and add some sugar syrup.
- In another vessel, mix milk, sugar, salt and coconut milk. Bring it to a boil until the sugar and salt dissolve. Keep aside to cool.
- Add the sago into the mixture.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with shredded pomelo.
By Chef Phanuphan Manthananonth
Phanuphan has worked as the Executive Chef in various hotels across Thailand and Ireland before joining Grand Hyatt, Doha. He is currently stationed at the Hotel’s Isaan restaurant, cooking up a variety of Thai flavours.