Lemongrass Crème Brûlée
Prep Time: 50 mins Level of Difficulty: Easy Serves: 1-2 persons[boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”left” order =”first” box_spacing =”5″ padding =”20″ height =”500px” background_color =”#ddd” border_style =”solid” ]Ingredients:
2 cups heavy cream
Few stalks of lemongrass, cut in pieces
1tbsp vanilla extract
4 egg yolks
125g of sugar
1tbsp sugar to caramelise
[/boxify] [boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”right” order =”last” box_spacing =”5″ padding =”20″ height =”500px” border_width =”1″ border_color =”#cccccc” border_style =”solid” ]Cooking Directions
- In a saucepan, heat cream, lemongrass and vanilla extract over medium flame just until bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan.
- Remove pan from heat, and take out the lemongrass stalks.
- In another bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale.
- Pour the heated cream mixture slowly into the beaten egg yolks, whisking as you pour.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve, and divide among 6-6 ounce ramekins.
- Put in the oven for 40 minutes until the mixture sets.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top and burn using a blowtorch.
- Cool for sometime and serve.
By Sebastian Suarez
Sebastian has been in Qatar for three months. He discovered his passion for cooking while he was studying law, which had begun when he was much younger. After graduating, he turned to the culinary world. Before joining Grand Hyatt, he worked in Spain and Dubai. He enjoys baking cakes and pastries. The proudest moment in his career was his work experience at the renowned Burj al Arab in Dubai.