Grilled Sirloin Steak with Hasselback Potato, Onion Crisp and Baby Carrot
Prep Time: 15 minutes Level of Difficulty: Average Serves: 1-2 persons
For the Grilled Sirloin Steak:
200g Sirloin Steak
For Hasselback potatoes:
3 Baby Potatoes (peeled)
For crispy onions:
15g finely sliced white onion
For baby carrots:
5 baby carrots, washed and peeled
5g finely chopped fresh thyme
[/boxify] [boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”right” order =”last” box_spacing =”5″ padding =”20″ height =”500px” border_width =”1″ border_color =”#cccccc” border_style =”solid” ]Cooking Directions
For the steak:
• Season the steak generously with salt and pepper.
• Grill the steak until well coloured.
• Place in the oven at 220°C for between 4 and 12 mins till cooked.
For the potatoes:
• Slice the potatoes until ¾ of the way through.
• Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
• Place on and oven stray and put a small amount of the butter on the top of each.
• Roast in the oven at 180°C for 15-20 mins.
For the onions:
• Mix the salt and pepper through the flour.
• Place the onion slices in the flour and coat well.
• Deep fry until golden brown and crispy.
For the carrots:
• Add a few pinches of salt to the water in a pot and bring to a rapid boil.
• Add the carrots and boil for approx. 5 mins. They should be cooked but still crispy.
• Melt the butter in a hot saucepan with the oil.
• When hot, add the carrots and thyme and sauté lightly.
Waldo‘s love for cookery started at the age of 8, when he used to spend time cooking in the kitchen with his mother. After studying the art of cooking in South Africa, he joined Grand Hyatt, Doha where he has been working for two years. He enjoys his work best when the restaurant is full and he has to manage the kitchen with utmost focus. Accolades that he is proud of include two bronze medals that he won at competitions held in Doha. “To taste what you make is an amazing feeling. And when guests love what you make, it’s an even more amazing feeling,” he says.