Cold Beetroot Soup
Prep Time: 20 mins Level of Difficulty: Easy Serves: 1-2 persons
1 boiled beetroot
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 small cucumber grated
10gm red radish
5gm chopped dill
[/boxify] [boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”right” order =”last” box_spacing =”5″ padding =”20″ height =”500px” border_width =”1″ border_color =”#cccccc” border_style =”solid” ]Cooking Directions
- Boil the beetroot in a large saucepan with salted water.
- Place in a chiller until its cooled down and then grate it.
- In another vessel, mix the cream, yogurt, garlic, grated cucumber and finely chopped fresh dill. Add the grated beetroot.
- Place in the fridge, covered, until really cold.
- Garnish with red radish and fresh dill.
By Chef Jacek Bzdzkot
Jacek is the sous chef at The Grill restaurant. He completed his training in food gastronomy and culinary arts in Warsaw, after which he worked as Chef de Partie in Venti tee Restaurant at Hyatt Regency Warsaw. One of the proudest moments in his career as a chef include winning the semi-finals of a prestigious cooking competition back home. But the greatest achievement for any chef, he says, is when guests enjoy their meal.