Prep Time: 20 mins Level of Difficulty: Easy Serves: 1-2 persons
180g lamb minced
10g white onions
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
5g Arabic parsley for garnish
5g pine nuts for garnish
10g lamb fat
50g peeled tomatoes
5g crushed garlic
5g cinnamon powder
- Chop onions and parsley, and mix them together with the minced lamb.
- Add salt, pepper and cinnamon powder for seasoning.
- Mix them well with your hands and form 3cm balls out of it.
- Melt ghee in a pan. Sauté the balls, cook it.
- Blend the peeled tomato into puree.
- Take another pot. Melt ghee in it. Sauté the remaining onions and garlic. Then add the tomato puree into it. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add a little salt and cinnamon for seasoning.
- Add the meat balls in the pan and toss them with the sauce.
- Garnish with pine nuts and parsley and serve hot.
By Chef Sam Issa Alan
Sam is the Sous Chef at Grand Hyatt, Doha’s Banquets Kitchen and was in charge of opening the hotel’s Majlis restaurant. Prior to this he worked as Sous Chef at Grand Hyatt, Singapore. He has also worked in Lebanon and Abu Dhabi. Currently, he is impressing food aficionados with his culinary skills in Middle Eastern cuisine.