Beef Green Curry with Chili Eggplant
Tender pieces of beef cooked in a spicy green curry, Thai style.
Prep Time: 10 mins Difficulty: Average Serves: 1-2[boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”left” order =”first” box_spacing =”5″ padding =”20″ background_color =”#ddd” border_style =”solid” ]
100g Beef tenderloin sliced
30g egg plant round
20g egg plant small
10g sweet basil
1g kaffir lime leaves
20g Green curry paste
5g Green chili sliced
5g Red chili sliced
30ml Chicken stock
150g Coconut milk
20g Palm sugar
15ml Fish sauce
10ml corn oil
[/boxify] [boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”right” order =”last” box_spacing =”5″ padding =”20″ border_width =”1″ border_color =”#cccccc” border_style =”solid” ]
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add the green curry paste and kaffir lime leaves and cook over medium heat. Stir well till paste cooked through.
- Add coconut milk, and mix the paste well.
- Add the beef slices. Bring the curry to a boil.
- Season with fish sauce, palm sugar.
- Add in the red and green chillis, and eggplant. Let it simmer for some time.
- Last add sweet basil. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot.
By Chef Nattaporn Jitpraneechai
Nattaporn actually holds a Bachelors degree in accounts from the Bangkok University. But she soon realised her passion for cooking, a passion that she developed watching her nanny cook at home, and obtained a diploma in Traditional Thai Cooking as part of the Oriental hotel Apprenticeship programme. She’s been in Qatar for nearly eight months now, and is busy creating new Thai flavours at Grand Hyatt’s Isaan restaurant.