Skip the front desk; use your smartphone as a key at W Doha
W Doha Hotel & Residences has launched a new mobile, keyless room entry mobile application in the Middle East.[boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”right” order =”none” box_spacing =”10″ padding =”10″ background_color =”#3c3c3c” border_style =”solid” ]
HOW IT WORKS
- SPG Members must register their phone once through the SPG App and allow push notifications.
- After booking a reservation at a keyless hotel and approximately 24 hours before arrival, SPG members are invited to opt-in to SPG Keyless.
- Guests will receive a push notification noting that they are checked in and the SPG App will update with his/her room number and Bluetooth key when the room is ready.
- Upon arrival at the hotel, the guest can completely bypass the front desk (where available) and go directly to his/her room.
- After ensuring his/her Bluetooth is enabled, the guest simply opens the SPG App, holds the smartphone to the door lock, waits for the solid green light and enters the room.
Part of the global Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) initiative, the SPG Keyless is powered by the SPC app that enables guests to use their smartphone as a key to their room without having to check-in at the front desk.
The SPG Keyless has been introduced across 10 hotels in markets including Beijing, Hong Kong, New York, Los Angeles and Doha.
In a press statement, Frits van Paasschen, Starwood’s President & Chief Executive Officer, said: “Not only does SPG Keyless alleviate a perennial pain point for travellers, but it also transforms the first interaction with our guests from one that is transactional to something more personal.
“This is just the beginning, because through mobile we have the opportunity to marry high tech and high touch to transform the hotel experience in many exciting ways.”
For further information visit W Doha Hotel website or call +974 44535343