Setting up your home: Need help with furnishing?
New to Qatar? Looking for a place to stay? In this four-part series, JustHere will guide you through the different aspects of finding a home for yourself.
In the last part, we help you with getting your apartment furnished.
Home might be just a state of mind but you would obviously want your house to feel warm and comfortable. There is a lot that goes into turning your house into your dream home. Here is how you get started with it.
Know your house
• Sockets are the UK three pin style, voltage is 240v
• Water and electricity are both provided by Qatar General Electricity & Water Corporation (Kahramaa) through a mainline connection.
• Domestic gas is supplied in the form of cylinders by several local providers as well as Woqod, which is the sole supplier.
Good to know
• It will cost you approximately between QR4000 to QR8000 to completely furnish a room, depending on your taste
Depending on the kind of house you are moving into, setting up the house will vary.
• Fully Furnished (F//F)
• Semi Furnished (S/F)
• Unfurnished (U/F)
Depending on your taste there are a lot places you can get great furniture from in Qatar. There are many high-end branded stores for furniture and fixtures as well as stores that make customised furniture to your taste.
Some stores exclusively sell furniture while others provide everything from kitchen equipment to bedroom sets finished with bed linen.
|Homes R Us||http://www.homesrusgroup.com/|
[boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”right” order =”none” box_spacing =”10″ padding =”10″ background_color =”#3c3c3c” border_style =”solid” ]
- If you are not planning to stay in Qatar for more than 6 months, then renting a furnished flat would make more sense than fixing up an unfurnished flat
- People selling their pre-owned furniture advertise in super markets, on local websites and through word of mouth.
You will get the required electronics you need for your house at any major hypermarket like
- Lulu Hypermarket
- Safari Hypermarket
- Hyatt Plaza
- Dasman Hypermarket
- New World Center
- Giant Stores
There are also exclusive electronic stores such as
- E Max
- Jumbo Electronics
- Sharaf DG