Qatar Airways inaugurates A350 XWB into the fleet at Doha ceremony
At a special ceremony held in Doha yesterday, Qatar Airways showcased the first of its 80 A350 XWB aircraft for the first time in its hub.[boxify cols_use =”1″ cols =”2″ position =”right” order =”none” box_spacing =”10″ padding =”10″ background_color =”#3c3c3c” border_style =”solid” ]
- The A350 XWB will comprise a two-class configuration with 36 Business Class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration, featuring 80” fully flat beds and 17” HD in-flight entertainment screens.
- Economy Class will comprise of 247 seats, each 18-inches wide in a 3-3-3 configuration, with up to a 32-inch pitch.
- Each individual seat will feature a 10.6” in-flight entertainment screen, and more space at shoulder level for passengers in window seats, thanks to a vertical side wall panel design.
- Over 70 percent of the A350 XWB’s weight-efficient airframe is made from advanced materials combining composites (53 percent), titanium and advanced aluminium alloys.
- The aircraft’s innovative all-new carbon fibre reinforced plastic fuselage results in lower fuel burn as well as easier maintenance.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, said in a press statement: “We are ready to commence operations with the A350 XWB and are delighted to introduce another level of service with our expanded fleet.
“The engineering design of the A350 XWB is modern, technologically refined and spacious, and we are proud to welcome yet another fine aeroplane into the Qatar Airways’ fleet.”
The first commercial service will be deployed on the Doha-Frankfurt route – a sold-out service – on January 15, 2015.
Qatar Airways current Airbus fleet comprises the A320, A330 Freighter, A319LR, A321, A330, A340 and A380 families in addition to the recent A350.
[Photo Courtesy: Qatar Airways]