Pet owners advised to watch out for rat poison
Pet owners have expressed concern over pets falling prey to rat poison placed on the road. Parkview Pet Centre told JustHere that two cats and one dog have died due to poisoning.
Dr Hannah Rowles, a veterinary surgeon at Parkview Pet Centre said it was difficult to comment on how long the effect of the poison would last in the city, but had advised owners to exercise caution. “We don’t know who has distributed the rat poison, and in which areas of the city. So the safest thing for pet owners would be to keep a constant watch over their pets. Rat poisons are generally in the form of green, blue, purple or a bright coloured powder, so look out for that. Walk your pets in a well-lit area. Prevent them from picking up stuff on the roads or drinking water outside. Just keep them on a leash.”
A few other veterinary centres JustHere contacted said they had not received any cases so far. Al Baladiya has not responded to our query yet, but we will update the post as and when we receive more information.
Meanwhile, keep your pets safe.
[Photo Courtesy: Tracy Glenn, follow her on twitter @ablondeindoha]