Ministry begins implementation of new residence cards in Qatar
The General Directorate of Nationality, Borders and Expatriate Affairs at the Ministry of Interior started issuing new Residence Cards instead of Residence Permit Stickers in the passports of residents from Monday, June 15, 2015.
The new residence card holds several security features that should not be tampered and cannot be faked as well as it carries data of the cardholder, officials have said.
- In the case of damage to residence card, it should be produced and card will be reissued with the same fees.
- In the case of loss of the card abroad the lost report should be published and should inform the concerned authority abroad and bring the documents to issue a new card. The person will be granted a return visa through the request of the employer.
- If the card lost inside the country a new card will be issued once the loss is reported to the concerned authority.
The General Directorate of Nationality and Expatriates Affairs and the Q-Post are working in cooperation to deliver the cards through mail to the customers. There are three types of services for delivery with different fees:
- The first one is a monthly subscription of QR1,500 for companies having lots of transactions from one thousand to ten thousand workers.
- The second system is delivery of cards with a fee of QR100 for every 10 cards.
- The third system is delivery of 1-4 cards with a fee of QR20 for each card.
The cards are delivered within 24 hours inside Doha and 48 hours outside Doha at present.[/boxify]