HMC hospitals announce operating hours for Eid Al-Fitr holidays
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) announces operating hours for its hospitals during the Eid Al-Fitr holidays as follows:
Hamad General Hospital
- Hamad General Hospital’s (HGH) Outpatient Department (OPD) clinics and pharmacy will be closed from 16 to 20 July and will reopen on 21 July. Throughout the holidays, patients booked for some clinics will be contacted individually to confirm their appointments and those clinics will operate from 7 am to 3 pm. The OPD pharmacy will be open when any clinics are open. The laboratory, radiology, and other diagnostics services will have appropriate coverage daily. The HGH’s Medical Records Department will continue to operate 24/7.
Al Wakra Hospital
- Al Wakra Hospital’s (AWH) OPD clinics and pharmacy (including women’s pharmacy) will be closed on 16 to 19 July. Some outpatient clinics (morning and evening) will resume on 20 to 23 July from 7 am to 3 pm. Opening of clinics will be based on the total number of patients booked for each clinics. The hospital’s main OPD pharmacy will be open from 20 to 23 July from 7 am to 3 pm. Normal operation will resume on 26 July.
- AWH’s Emergency Department including Adult See and Treat unit, Pediatric Emergency as well as emergency and inpatient pharmacies will remain open throughout the break. The labor room, neonatal intensive care unit and pediatric intensive care unit will continue to operate fully while the Pediatric OPD will open on 20 to 23 July (date subject to change). Obstetrics/Gynecology OPD will be open on 22 and 23 July while its emergency section will run as usual. Operating theaters will be available for emergency elective surgeries after the Eid holidays.
- Women’s Hospital’s OPD clinics will operate from 9 am to 1 pm from 19 to 23 July. The hospital’s pharmacy will operate as usual 24 hours throughout the holidays.
The Cuban Hospital
- The Cuban Hospital’s (TCH) OPD clinics and pharmacy will be closed from 16 to 19 July and will reopen on 20 July. Some outpatient clinics will open with restricted working hours throughout the holidays – patients booked for those clinics will be contacted individually to confirm their appointments. The OPD pharmacy will be open when any clinics are open.
- TCH’s Emergency Department including the pharmacy will remain open 24/7 including dispensing of urgent prescription refills. After hours emergency dental services will be available but will provide only emergency dental work and temporary fillings. Operating theaters will be available for emergency cases over the holidays.
Al Khor Hospital
- Al Khor Hospital’s OPD clinics will be closed throughout the Eid break. The Accident and Emergency Department Pharmacy will be open 24 hours. All urgent cases, including medications refill, during this period should proceed directly to the Emergency units.
- Heart Hospital’s (HH) OPD will be closed from 17 to 25 July. It will resume operations on 26 July including evening clinics starting from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm. However, HH’s OPD will operate limited number of clinics (two consultations and one warfarin clinic) on 22 and 23 July.
- The Dermatology Clinic will open only on 19 and 20 July from 9 am to 12 noon. The Communicable Diseases clinics will operate throughout the break every Sunday to Thursday from 7 am to 3 pm. The Dentistry Clinic will be open only on 21, 22 and 23 July from 8 am to 2 pm.
- The Psychiatry Department’s OPD clinics will be closed throughout the Eid break. The clinics will resume on 20 to 23 July from 7 am to 3 pm. The Community Mental Health Services adult outreach will operate as usual from 7 am to 3 pm and old age outreach services will function as usual.
National Center for Cancer Care and Research
- All services in the NCCCR will run as usual during the Eid holidays with some exceptions. The Day Care Unit will be closed on 18 and 19 July while OPD will be closed on 19 and 20 July. The Urgent Care Unit will operate 24/7 and continue to provide assistance and assessment to any patients who visit during the holidays.
- The Referral and Booking Management System and the Hamad Patient Contact Center will be covering most OPDs operational hours throughout the break. The contact center will continue to make appointment reminder phone calls to patients and will also continue to send mobile text message reminders to patients.