Hamad International Airport is finally operational, with all airlines flying in and out of the new facility from this morning.
The airport was teeming with activity since morning as passengers made way through the newly built infrastructure. JustHere was on site to do a quick review of the opening day.
- Approximately 400+ flights were scheduled to depart today. About eight counters were open in the morning; aisles 1-6 being those of Qatar Airways Airlines and the rest for the other airlines.
- Pre-immigration, WH Smith and 24 seven are the only retail stores open.
- Jamocha cafe – the only eatery availalbe pre-immigration.
- A large taxi bay at the exit of the Arrivals Terminal had a fleet of limousines and Karwa cabs.
- Parking in Hamad International Airport proved to be quite effective with its organised and well-planned floor structure. There was ample space for both staff and visitors. The new parking space contains 3 platforms of shaded area. The parking fees will come into effect after 3 months, QR 6 per hour.
- The old Doha International Airport wears a deserted look.