Earth Hour will be celebrated on March 28; five things that you can do
Be ready to turn off the lights from 8.30pm-9.30 pm on March 28, as the world celebrates Earth Hour.
Here’s 5 simple things to do to make Earth Hour fun.
1. Step outside for a walk. Luckily Earth Hour is in March when the weather outside is still pleasant for a walk. The best place to walk is at the Corniche where you can watch the towers in the West Bay slowly plunge into darkness.
2. Star gazing. How often do you go to your terrace? This is the best time to explore your terrace, if you have never been there yet. Spread a mat, and lie down to watch the stars or the moon.
3. Party time. How about calling over your friends or neighbours for a night of barbeque and music in your compound?
4. Candle light dinner. Cook up a delicious meal for you and your partner, and light some scented candles. Romantic… isn’t it? But make sure that these are 100% beeswax candles or soy candles that are carbon neutral and thus eco-friendly.
5. Glow in the dark. A fun way to celebrate Earth Hour with kids is by putting on some funky accessories that glow in the dark. There’s a store named Glow’n in Qatar that sells a range of special party gadgets, and home and garden accessories. You can get their location and other information from their Facebook page.