Qatar Motor Show wraps up exhilarating edition; 20 new model unveilings position QMS as leading regional show
- JustHere Qatar
- On February 2, 2016
Held under the patronage H.E. Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, the Prime Minister and Interior Minister of the State of Qatar, the 6th annual Qatar Motor Show closed its doors after an action-packed five days. Inaugurated by H.E. Mr. Jassem Bin Saif Ahmed Al Sulaiti, the Minister of Transport and Communication of the State of Qatar, the exhibition has thrilled motor fans of all ages.
More than 40 brands were on display giving visitors the unique opportunity to bask in over 20 GCC and local premieres from leading car makers that chose Qatar to launch their new models.
In addition, 2016 saw the return of daily car parades by Mawatar. Taking Qatar Motor Show to the streets of West Bay, residents were able to witness exciting parades featuring local groups such as FJ Cruiser Club, Jeep Club Qatar, Qatar Mustang Club, Mopar Qatar Club showcasing Dodge Challengers and Qatar’s Camaro Club. Harley Owners Group, featuring the Ladies of Harley, were also present.
The showroom revealed the first ever concept sports car designed in Qatar. Conceptualised by Texas A&M University at Qatar graduate Abdulwahab Ziaullah, the model was brought to life in partnership with Ali Bin Ali Group.
The Qatar Motor Show also welcomed the inspirational global automotive designer Horacio Pagani, Automotive Entrepreneur and Founder and CEO of Pagani Automobili, as a special guest. Pagani shared his industry insights and experiences as the founder and creative force behind the company responsible for the award winning Zonda and Huayra. Other draws included Carbondrone, showcasing the lightest and fastest carbon fibre drone on the market, and Performance Technology, introducing turbo-charged motorcycles.
Audi used Qatar Motor Show 2016 to unveil five new models, including three regional premieres for the Audi RS Q3, SQ5, S8, plus the all new R8 and A4. Porsche, another member of the VW Group, also chose Qatar to premiere the new 911 range, comprising the 911 Carrera 4S, 911 Targa 4S, 911 Turbo S and the all new Macan GTS. In addition, Volkswagen unveiled the Golf GTI Clubsport, the new Passat and the new generation of the best-selling Tiguan.
Following its recent global debut in September at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Alfardan Sports Motors unveiled the Ferrari 488 Spider for the first time in Qatar. Also featuring at Alfardan Motors were the limited edition BMW 7 Series Solitaire, the most expensive BMW ever built, and the regional premier of the BMW M2.
At the luxury end of the scale, Rolls Royce used Qatar Motor Show for the first public unveiling in Doha of the Rolls-Royce Dawn. As well as the Rolls-Royce Dawn, visitors viewed a bespoke Rolls-Royce Wraith, conceptualised by Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Doha, as well as the quintessential Rolls Royce Phantom.
Nasser Bin Khaled Automobiles took the opportunity to premiere four new models from Mercedes, including the new Mercedes Benz A-Class 250 Sport, the G500 Square, the C450 AMG and the C300 Coupe. The group also introduced visitors to the new light-passenger vehicle brand, Maxus, and unveiled the all new Mitsubishi Montero Sport.
Visitors to Qatar Motor Show were also privy to the latest line-up of performance vehicles under the Nissan Nismo brand, the GTR Nismo, the 370Z Nismo and the Patrol Nismo, as well the latest tune-up for the Patrol – the “Desert Edition.”
United Cars Almana and Almana Motors Company unveiled the new 4×4 and SUV models, showcasing the 2016 Ford Ranger, the 2016 Ford Explorer and the 2016 Ford Edge, plus revealing the all new Jeep Renegade.
In the small car segment, MINI premiered the brand new MINI Hatch Convertible and the all-new MINI Clubman model. Renault unveiled the regional premiere for the Clio RS and Toyota headlined the regional reveal for the Toyota Prius, offering visitors the chance to experience a virtual test drive at their stand.
Additional reveals came courtesy of Mannai Automotive Group, who showcased the new shape GMC Sierra and Terrain 2016, plus regional premiers from Cadillac of the 2017 CT6, 2017 XT5, as well as the new 2016 ATS-V Sedan and Coupe, and the 2016 Escalade ESV. Infiniti also revealed the regional premier of the QX50.
Qatar Motor Show also featured regional premieres for two exciting new race concepts; the FT1 from Toyota, and the Lexus RC F GT3.
- Kafala will be abolished… ultimately; But Qatar’s big announcement on labour laws is still pending cabinet approval
- Qatar Cost of Living: The JustHere Survival Matrix
- [UPDATED PHOTOS] Happy National Day Qatar!
- Damien Hirst is coming to town, and here are 10 things you should know about him
- First 7000 newborn babies in Qatar during Ramadan will receive baby car seats
- Cleansing of Doha: The Old Downtown Disappears
- Weekend Radar (July 4-6)
- ‘Whoa’ moment as Qatar’s overall population grows by 11.26%; 13.34% rise in that of females
- Weekend Radar (June 20 – 22)
- Souq Haraj awaits its inevitable fate in light of 2022
- Weekend Radar (June 6-8)
- Tickets for the June 13 Disney On Ice show up for grabs
- State mandates employers to medically insure employees under new law
- Runaways and Absconders; Slavery and Kafala: A dig into history
- Weekend Radar (May 30 – June 1)
- Atop the Everest: A mental feat more than a physical one
- Where do We Learn Arabic?
- All in a Day’s Work
- Weekend Radar (May 23-25)
- Not enough PHCs in Qatar to meet growing population
- Tipping point… who deserves gratuity?
- Blood donation in Qatar continues to be a challenge
- The coronavirus scare in GCC: What you need to know
- Ooredoo and Messi launch initiative for children’s health
- Been in Qatar long enough to remember these?
- Let’s Meet: Jeet Bahadur Mogar
- Onaiza Park: A splash of colours
- Ta2heel: By the youth for the youth… a uniquely Qatar initiative
- What you need to know about Emir Cup 2013
- Weekend Radar (May 16-18)
- QAWS receives a one month reprieve
- Hike or no hike in school fees?
- No lessons learned after Villaggio. The smoke continues well after the fire.
- Al Dhakhira gets first model commercial complex
- What every pedestrian in Qatar must know.
- Fatima Al-Nesf: Living her life in cartoons
- Inaccessible Qatar… where do we begin?
- Ready for some punchlines?
- A year more for neighbourhood stores
- UAE, Oman, Qatar and Saudi lead the race for regional tourism revenue growth
- Weekend Radar (May 9 – 11)
- Al Salihiya Juice Stall: Honk, and ye shall be served!
- How free is the free visa?
- Disney on Ice tickets now on sale
- In Qatar, traffic is a bigger killer than cancer
- 6˚ of Separation: The child in us
- Why QAWS’s success will be the community’s as well
- Payment woes for freelancers in Qatar
- DCMF event receives thumbs down
- Weekend Radar (May 02-04)
- DFI and Tribeca’s partnership comes to a close
- Second phase of Kulluna campaign promotes cardiac health
- Student filmmakers left in the lurch at Al Jazeera Docu Fest
- Traffic surveillance cameras to keep check on violators
- An Artistic Hypocrisy?
- More female nationals in the workforce than in other GCC states
- There’s smoke, there’s fire, and no one knows how
- Weekend Radar (April 25-27)
- QF attempts to change workers’ plight in Qatar
- Where to find a good book in Qatar
- The Greatest Gift
- It’s Earth Day today. Are you doing your bit?
- QMA launches free Mathaf Shuttle Bus service. Hop on.
- Where you from?
- Winners announced for the DCMF cartoon competition
- The mad gold rush
- The Park that’s more than just that
- Shisha Vs Cigarette: Which kills more?
- Qatar 2022 in the firing line again
- The Katara Dilemma: What do we do about misbehaviour?
- How to stay safe during an earthquake
- Weekend Radar (April 18-20)
- Qatar rocks, literally, as earthquake hits Iran-Pakistan border
- Qatar’s not a cheap place to live in
- Qatar should ensure a reliable legal framework for contractors: Merkel
- How much do your schooling expenses come to?
- Ezdan Mall partially opens in Doha
- More sports tournaments for migrant workers
- Qatar’s fuming: Cigs, shisha & the havoc that it wrecks
- Yet another case of intellectual property rights violation in Qatar
- 10 Quick Escapes for the Parent
- Qatarisation is imperative, but nationals shy away
- Enjoy the best deals in Qatar
- DFI to hold 48 hour documentary challenge
- Let’s Meet: Moidunny Karupp Theruvath
- Weekend Radar (April 11-13)
- 10 ways to make learning fun
- The divisiveness of your toxicity
- Parking, parking everywhere, who wants to use it?
- A Qatar Obsession: Adventurous & Deadly… Here’s to a safer ATV ride
- Qatar Biobank reaches 200th participant
- You won’t get lost finding this one!
- Sailing through luxury
- Count the paper you use
- Weekend Radar (April 4-6)
- Magical mystery tour of Qatar
- Jobs, and more jobs
- Rachel Gadsden: A vision beyond sight
- Don’t be shocked
- Indecent behaviour outside EC. Stay alert!
- Here’s a reader’s verdict on Qatari newspapers
- Weekend Radar (March 28-30)
- Why does journalism in Qatar look more like PR?
- Tuitions step in where schools fail
- Uniquely Qatar… See Queue, Will Jump
- 60 minutes of darkness
- Who’s up for the Workers Cup?
- Let our Children Be
- Qatar is the region’s second best travel and tourism hub, after UAE
- 10 Best Souvenirs From Qatar
- Are we saying goodbye to our local grocery stores?
- Exhibition Review: Hey’ya – Arab Women in Sport
- Hunger Games in Doha
- Privilege Vs Creativity
- Working from home… and home is a Doha café with free wi-fi
- School admissions in Qatar: Tough Lessons To Learn
- Exotic. Illegal. Blatant.
- What She Wears: The Dress Code Debate
- Aesthetics Trumps Conservation?
- Dubai Parks and Resorts to open region’s largest entertainment destination, including first-ever Bollywood theme park, this October