Qatar Museums Family Programmes organises Makers Event for second year
- JustHere Qatar
- On February 17, 2015
Following the success of last year’s event, Qatar Museums Family Programmes will host the Makers Event, a weekend-long series of fun family workshops across Doha, for the second year running.
The workshops, aimed at families with children aged 3-11, will be running for three days from Thursday 19th – Saturday 21st February 2015 and hosted and located at various cultural and educational institutions around Doha, including Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art at Qatar Foundation, the Youth Creative Art Center and the Qatar Scientific Club, plus several others. All workshops are free to attend, and no registration is necessary.
Families are invited to experience and participate in a packed programme of exciting activities in both English and Arabic, exploring geometric shapes and patterns through creative hands-on making activities which encourage family learning and play.
On Friday 20th February 2015, the QM Family Programmes Team will offer a Scribbling Machines workshop from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm at Qatar Museum’s Katara Art Gallery. The workshop, aimed at families, will merge the fields of engineering and art, exploring how to create circular patterns by building a motorized ‘scribbling’ device from simple materials.
Schedule of Workshops:
|Qatar National Library & Qatar Foundation Community Services||Qatar Foundation Recreation
Center, AaQool Atrium
|Thursday 19th February||4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Monster Makers Laboratory|
|Qatar Scientific Club||Qatar Scientific Club||Thursday 19th February||4:00 pm – 8:00 pm||Interactive Exhibition|
|QM Family Programmes||QM Katara Art Gallery, Building 10, Courtyard||Friday 20th February||4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Scribbling Machines|
|Children’s Literature Center||QM Katara Art Gallery, Building 10, Courtyard||Friday 20th February||4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Geometric Pop-Up Books|
|Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art||Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art
|Saturday 21st February||2:00 pm – 3:30 pm||Storytime at Mathafin partnership with
Maktaba Children’s Library and UCL Qatar
|Museum of Islamic Art||MIA Atrium||Saturday 21st February||3:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Platonic Shapes|
|Youth Creative Art Center||Youth Creative Art Center||Saturday 21st February||3:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Drawing and coloring-ceramics|
|Qatar Scientific Club||Qatar Scientific Club||Saturday 21st February||4:00 pm – 8:00 pm||Interactive Exhibition|
- Kafala will be abolished… ultimately; But Qatar’s big announcement on labour laws is still pending cabinet approval
- Qatar Cost of Living: The JustHere Survival Matrix
- [UPDATED PHOTOS] Happy National Day Qatar!
- Damien Hirst is coming to town, and here are 10 things you should know about him
- First 7000 newborn babies in Qatar during Ramadan will receive baby car seats
- Cleansing of Doha: The Old Downtown Disappears
- Weekend Radar (July 4-6)
- ‘Whoa’ moment as Qatar’s overall population grows by 11.26%; 13.34% rise in that of females
- Weekend Radar (June 20 – 22)
- Souq Haraj awaits its inevitable fate in light of 2022
- Weekend Radar (June 6-8)
- Tickets for the June 13 Disney On Ice show up for grabs
- State mandates employers to medically insure employees under new law
- Runaways and Absconders; Slavery and Kafala: A dig into history
- Weekend Radar (May 30 – June 1)
- Atop the Everest: A mental feat more than a physical one
- Where do We Learn Arabic?
- All in a Day’s Work
- Weekend Radar (May 23-25)
- Not enough PHCs in Qatar to meet growing population
- Tipping point… who deserves gratuity?
- Blood donation in Qatar continues to be a challenge
- The coronavirus scare in GCC: What you need to know
- Ooredoo and Messi launch initiative for children’s health
- Been in Qatar long enough to remember these?
- Let’s Meet: Jeet Bahadur Mogar
- Onaiza Park: A splash of colours
- Ta2heel: By the youth for the youth… a uniquely Qatar initiative
- What you need to know about Emir Cup 2013
- Weekend Radar (May 16-18)
- QAWS receives a one month reprieve
- Hike or no hike in school fees?
- No lessons learned after Villaggio. The smoke continues well after the fire.
- Al Dhakhira gets first model commercial complex
- What every pedestrian in Qatar must know.
- Fatima Al-Nesf: Living her life in cartoons
- Inaccessible Qatar… where do we begin?
- Ready for some punchlines?
- A year more for neighbourhood stores
- UAE, Oman, Qatar and Saudi lead the race for regional tourism revenue growth
- Weekend Radar (May 9 – 11)
- Al Salihiya Juice Stall: Honk, and ye shall be served!
- How free is the free visa?
- Disney on Ice tickets now on sale
- In Qatar, traffic is a bigger killer than cancer
- 6˚ of Separation: The child in us
- Why QAWS’s success will be the community’s as well
- Payment woes for freelancers in Qatar
- DCMF event receives thumbs down
- Weekend Radar (May 02-04)
- DFI and Tribeca’s partnership comes to a close
- Second phase of Kulluna campaign promotes cardiac health
- Student filmmakers left in the lurch at Al Jazeera Docu Fest
- Traffic surveillance cameras to keep check on violators
- An Artistic Hypocrisy?
- More female nationals in the workforce than in other GCC states
- There’s smoke, there’s fire, and no one knows how
- Weekend Radar (April 25-27)
- QF attempts to change workers’ plight in Qatar
- Where to find a good book in Qatar
- The Greatest Gift
- It’s Earth Day today. Are you doing your bit?
- QMA launches free Mathaf Shuttle Bus service. Hop on.
- Where you from?
- Winners announced for the DCMF cartoon competition
- The mad gold rush
- The Park that’s more than just that
- Shisha Vs Cigarette: Which kills more?
- Qatar 2022 in the firing line again
- The Katara Dilemma: What do we do about misbehaviour?
- How to stay safe during an earthquake
- Weekend Radar (April 18-20)
- Qatar rocks, literally, as earthquake hits Iran-Pakistan border
- Qatar’s not a cheap place to live in
- Qatar should ensure a reliable legal framework for contractors: Merkel
- How much do your schooling expenses come to?
- Ezdan Mall partially opens in Doha
- More sports tournaments for migrant workers
- Qatar’s fuming: Cigs, shisha & the havoc that it wrecks
- Yet another case of intellectual property rights violation in Qatar
- 10 Quick Escapes for the Parent
- Qatarisation is imperative, but nationals shy away
- Enjoy the best deals in Qatar
- DFI to hold 48 hour documentary challenge
- Let’s Meet: Moidunny Karupp Theruvath
- Weekend Radar (April 11-13)
- 10 ways to make learning fun
- The divisiveness of your toxicity
- Parking, parking everywhere, who wants to use it?
- A Qatar Obsession: Adventurous & Deadly… Here’s to a safer ATV ride
- Qatar Biobank reaches 200th participant
- You won’t get lost finding this one!
- Sailing through luxury
- Count the paper you use
- Weekend Radar (April 4-6)
- Magical mystery tour of Qatar
- Jobs, and more jobs
- Rachel Gadsden: A vision beyond sight
- Don’t be shocked
- Indecent behaviour outside EC. Stay alert!
- Here’s a reader’s verdict on Qatari newspapers
- Weekend Radar (March 28-30)
- Why does journalism in Qatar look more like PR?
- Tuitions step in where schools fail
- Uniquely Qatar… See Queue, Will Jump
- 60 minutes of darkness
- Who’s up for the Workers Cup?
- Let our Children Be
- Qatar is the region’s second best travel and tourism hub, after UAE
- 10 Best Souvenirs From Qatar
- Are we saying goodbye to our local grocery stores?
- Exhibition Review: Hey’ya – Arab Women in Sport
- Hunger Games in Doha
- Privilege Vs Creativity
- Working from home… and home is a Doha café with free wi-fi
- School admissions in Qatar: Tough Lessons To Learn
- Exotic. Illegal. Blatant.
- What She Wears: The Dress Code Debate
- Aesthetics Trumps Conservation?
- Dubai Parks and Resorts to open region’s largest entertainment destination, including first-ever Bollywood theme park, this October