QMA launches free Mathaf Shuttle Bus service. Hop on.
For those of you who have never been to Mathaf, now is a chance to hitch a free ride.
Qatar Museums Authority has launched the Mathaf Shuttle Bus service that is free to public and will operate between the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) and Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art.
As part of this shuttle bus service project, sponsored by Occidental Petroleum of Qatar (Oxy Qatar), two light pink-coloured buses of 25-35 seats each will pick tourists, visitors as well as MIA and Mia park patrons from allocated bus stops at MIA and Mathaf. The buses will operate from Wednesday to Sunday from 11am to 5pm.
- It’s free.
- You don’t have to worry about getting lost while driving up to Mathaf.
- This service wouldn’t attract non-art lovers.
More such buses?
Early this month, a private Qatari company, the Doha Bus Company, launched another public bus in Qatar that will begin operation only in May. Called ‘Doha Bus’, it’s the first double-decker tourist bus in the country.
The open-top bus tour provides a hop-on, hop-off facility at many of the popular locations in the city. Click here to see the map. A digital state of the art commentary system will provide you guides in English, Arabic, French, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese and Korean. Visit the website for more information.
- Open-top sightseeing in Qatar is a rare sight!
- It’s not free. For adults: QR180 per head, for children: QR90 per head and for family (2 adults + 2 children): QR455. More information on booking tickets will be available once operation begins in May.
- It mainly caters to tourists. If you have been in Qatar for long, you would have probably toured the city a million times by now.